Spreading awareness of and promoting research into sustainable energy resources, the green economy, low-carbon society, climate change, and environmental protection, as part of the effort to hasten Taiwan’s transformation into a green, low-carbon economy.
1. Policy recommendations to government agencies.
2. Promotion of sustainable development education.
3. International liaison and cooperation.
4. Host of Taiwan’s Sustainable Business Award Ceremony.
Awards and Honors
- 2010: Our institute’s chairman of the board Eugene Chien and board member Professor Liu Zhong Ming both separately won Global Views magazine and Yahoo!Taiwan’s “Taiwan Environmental Hero Award”.
- 2010: Winner of the Ministry of Education’s “Social Education and Public Service Award” (awarded to organizations).
- 2010: Our institute’s chairman of the board Eugene Chien won the Ministry of Education’s “Social Education and Public Service Award” (awarded to individuals).
- 2011: ”2011 Cross-Strait Forum on Climate Change and Sustainable Resource Development” Environmental Protection Administration’s “Corporate Social Responsibility Award for Minimizing Carbon Usage” (certified by the British Standards Institution).
- Our institute is also involved in Taiwan-German sustainable energy exchange, and has been awarded the “Germany-Taiwan Friendship Award” by the German Institute in Taipei.
Our institute will continue to work towards raising public awareness of issues pertaining to sustainable energy. Further, we will continue to strive to establish exchanges for sustainable energy research and technology between businesses and academic institutions, both domestically and internationally. We also aim to promote the publication of literature related to sustainable energy issues, as well as strengthen awareness among domestic businesses of the importance of sustainable energy. It is our hope that through exchange of engineering techniques and scholarship, we can all develop a better understanding of the issues surrounding sustainable energy. This in turn can contribute to the cooperative efforts required to promote and develop sustainable energy.