Shin Kong Wu Ho-Su Hospital was officially launched in 1992 and has been accredited as a medical center and teaching hospital in 2005, 2008, 2012 and 2016. Shin Kong Wu Ho-Su Hospital committed to provide professional diagnosis and treatment, improving medical quality and communication between doctors and patients, providing a safer medical environment, and enhancing the development of community health in order to achieve the spirit of "Professionalism, Enthusiasm, and Service" and enhance the "Health, Hope, and Happiness" of all people.
Products and Services
Shin Kong Wu Ho-Su Hospital offers 44 medical departments, including Cardiology, Thoracic Medicine, Nephrology, Infectious Diseases, Gastroenterology, Hepatobiliary Medicine, Hematology Oncology, Endocrinology, Diabetes, Allergy, Immunology, Cardiac Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, Neurosurgery, Plastic Surgery, Pediatric Surgery, Urology, General Surgery, Colorectal Surgery, Traumatology, Neurology Ophthalmology, Orthopedics, Rehabilitation, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Pediatrics, Dermatology, Psychiatry, Anesthesiology, Otolaryngology, Peripheral Vascular Medicine, Family Medicine, Occupational Medicine, General Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Nuclear Medicine, Radiology, Oncology, Pathology, Chinese Medicine, General Dentistry, Reconstructive Dentistry, Periodontology, Endodontics, Orthodontics, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Reconstructive Dentistry The Department of Orthodontics, Periodontics, Endodontics, Orthodontics, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Cosmetic Dentistry, and Health Management Services.
In order to provide better medical environment, Sheng-Xian Building was launched in 2011, medical care such as: dental, dialysis, rehabilitation, ophthalmology, and Chinese medicine. In 2007, Shin Kong Wu Ho-Su Hospital engaged a Sister Hospital Agreement with Palau National Hospital and began to participate in various joint projects with Palau and established an International Medical Service Center in 2008 and set up the “Palau International Medical Collaboration Task Force” in 2012. In 2019, Shin Kong Hospital and Myanmar International Medical Cooperation Promotion Group was established under the Ministry of Health and Welfare's One Country One Center Myanmar Program, and signed a Memorandum of Understanding on Medical Cooperation with a number of hospitals to actively contribute to medical and health cooperation and industrial development.
Awards and Honors
- Awarded “International Medical Model Award” (Taiwan Global Healthcare Association)
- Awarded “Highly Commended- Excellence in Customer Service” at the IMTJ Medical Travel Awards
- 6 major awards of the TSCA in 2020, award “Taiwan Corporate Sustainability Excellence Award”, the Silver Award of “Corporate Sustainability Report Awards”, and 4 awards of “Hospital HSR Sustainability Program Awards”
- 4 awards of “SNQ National Quality Mark” and 9 awards of “National Medical Quality Awards”
- Awarded “National Pandemic Prevention Team Badge” (Executive Yuan)
- Certified for the Taipei City Workplace Gender Equality
- Certified for 7 items of the Joint Commission of Taiwan Disease Quality Certification in 2020, 2019, and 2018
- Chairman Wu, Tung-Chin was awarded “Order of the Rising Sun, Gold Rays with Neck Ribbon” (Emperor of Japan in 2019 for promoting Taiwan-Japan medical collaboration)
- Chairman Wu, Tung-Chin was awarded “Palau Honorary Citizen for his long-term support of medical services” in Palau
- 4 awards of “SNQ National Quality Mark” and 6 awards of “National Medical Quality Awards”
- 6 awards of “SNQ National Quality Mark” and 3 awards of “National Medical Quality Awards”
- Awarded “Energy Conservation Benchmark Award” in 2018 and 2017 (Ministry of Economic Affairs)
- Awarded “Diplomacy Contribution Award” in 2018 and 2016 (Ministry of Foreign Affairs)
- Awarded the Badge of “Accredited Healthy Workplace” (Health Promotion Administration, Ministry of Health and Welfare)
- Awarded “Best Newcomer Award of the Taipei City Government’s Certification” of Persons with Disabilities As or More Than Required (Taipei City Enterprise Employment)
Facing the increasingly severe medical environment and the challenges in the post-pandemic era, the Hospital, in line with the founder Wu Ho-Su’s belief that “maintaining the status quo is being left behind, and only through research and development will we make progress”, will make relentless effort to improve the services within the Hospital's scope, give back to society with excellent medical services, and assist remote medical institutions with insufficient resources to improve medical quality with the Hospital’s social welfare responsibilities borne while cooperating with the national medical policy actively to make the Hospital the most trusted hospital among the people.
- Features a friendly medical environment that focuses on patients’ safety and rights.
- Promotes health management for the public and cooperates with the national medical policy to promote inter-hospital care.
- Integrates resources, expands the scope of services, enhances the access to telemedicine, and promotes medical services internationally.
- Strengthens employees’ on-the-job education with the goal of holistic health care.
- Improves the quality of teaching, promotes diverse training, and becomes the teaching hospital of choice for medical staff in the country.
- Committed to innovative teaching, promotes international collaboration and exchanges.
- Recruits outstanding talents, enhances research equipment, and improves the quality of research articles.
- Serve as a bridge between the academia and the industry to promote smart medical and health technologies.