We supply natural gas to over 380,000 households in the Taipei City districts of Songshan, Xinyi, Daan, Datong, Wanhua, Zhongzheng, and Zhongshan, as well as the communities of Fuhua and Minsheng in the Shilin district. In addition to supply and distribution, we also provide gas line installation and repair services for our customers. Many of our gas pipelines also have embedded fiber optic cables, which have been licensed by the government to provide Category 1 telecommunication leasing services.
Products and Services
Natural gas and Category 1 telecommunications services.
Awards and Honors
- 2013: Recognized by the Taiwan Institute for Sustainable Energy.
- 2013: “Top 50 Sustainable Businesses” Award.
- 2012: ISO 9001 Certification (certified by the Bureau of Standards, Metrology, and Inspection under the Ministry of Economic Affairs).
- 2010~2013: OHSAS 18001 and TOSHMS Certifications for the 4th consecutive year (certified by the Bureau of Standards, Metrology, and Inspection under the Ministry of Economic Affairs).
- 2003~2009: OHSAS 18001 Certification (certified by Det Norske Veritas).
- 1993: Council of Labor Affairs “Five-Star Award for Safety and Health”.
In order to provide customers with even greater safety and convenience, our company has introduced new technology and know-how from Europe, Japan, and the United States, which has been put to use in our automated Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition (SCADA) system. Moreover, we have installed over 30 earthquake warning systems as well as an emergency gas shutoff system which can be operated remotely or automatically. These systems ensure that we are prepared to deal with any potential crisis quickly and effectively. At the same time, our company is utilizing German technology to embed optical fibers inside gas pipelines, which have been licensed to provide Category 1 telecommunication circuit leasing services and have allowed us to diversify our operations.
Planning for the future, Taipei Gas will further promote the diversified use of gas energy and expand the company’s operations in order to provide top-quality, safe, and cost-effective services to the residents of Taipei.