In addition to disaster relief, the foundation focuses on the development, support, and promotion of oral history, women’s health, and aboriginal education.
Products and Services
- Our focus on oral history includes programs for ‘living history’ as well as for inherited artistic traditions. Through these programs Taiwanese can better understand and respect the life stories and values of their elders via performing and visual arts.
- Our support for women’s health issues includes breast cancer prevention and treatment. Through informative workshops and the provision of free ultrasounds at the Shin Kong Wu Ho-Su Memorial Hospital, we hope to spread awareness about breast cancer.
- Our focus on aboriginal affairs at present revolves around our sponsorship of educational programs in the Zhudong township in northwest Taiwan.
- The Shin Kong LOHAS Volunteer Group recruits corporate employees for volunteer work, as well as providing volunteers to meet the manpower demands of other social welfare groups.
Awards and Honors
- A revised version of ‘Hide! Peekaboo,’ produced under the History Alive program, wins 3rd place in the 2013 Double Ninth Festival Intergenerational Show Contest.
- The History Alive intergenerational play, ‘Meet Your Hands’ wins honorable mention in the elementary school category of the Ministry of Education's 2011 ‘Parents' Heart, Intergenerational Feelings’ national theater competition.
- Silver Award in the Council for Cultural Affairs' 10th Arts and Business Awards in 2010.
- Winner of the 6th National Public Service Award in 2006.
Our foundation leverages the resources of the Shin Kong Group and seeks strategic partners in the non-profit sector to develop programs that meet the needs of society. Moreover, through systematic performance evaluations, we aim to maximize the benefits of these programs in order to more fully contribute to the betterment of society.
While celebrating the past 30 years of the Shin Kong Life Foundation, we continue to look to the future, and have expanded our “New Classmates” program. We welcome volunteers from all walks of life to become a pen pal of children from underprivileged families, showing care by writing letters to help make a difference in a child’s life.